I am 19 years old and 5'4" tall. I have seven stones. I have had chest pain, fast heartbeat, shortness of breath evenwhile eating/talking and palpitations. I've had ecg, cbc, chest X-ray but could find nothing. What should I do?

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Further work up

Several conditions can cause these symptoms.
Can't suggest a diagnosis without further info. The good news is that in a person your age they're very treatable.

In brief: Further work up

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Fast heartbeat

CBC & chest xray won't tell us much about fast heart rate & palpitations (unless you're anemic - have low blood count).
Ecg or ekg looks for abnormal electrical activity at one point in time eg wpw. But if your hr is normal at time of test, then it's of no use. Next step is either 24hr holter monitor or loop (event) monitor, depending upon frequency of events. Your family doc can arrange for this.

In brief: Fast heartbeat

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
You also need to get your thyroid checked to make sure it's not overactive and thus the cause of palpitations.
Dr. Elden Rand
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Maybe embolism

A consideration for that set of symptoms of fairly sudden onset would be for a pulmonary embolism.
A chest ct angiogram would diagnose this. If normal, then could consider a echocardiogram to evaluate heart structure/function and estimation of pressure in the lung blood vessels.

In brief: Maybe embolism

Dr. Elden Rand
Dr. Elden Rand
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology