I haven't gone to the doctor, so can I just take a week of tylenol (acetaminophen) and cold medicines to cure my flu?

Pathology
In brief: Overdose
If you have "flu", it can cause pneumonia that may proceed to death depending on other health issues.
If you have low fever, sore throat and runny nose, you may treat yourself with tylenol (acetaminophen) and orange juice. Combining cold medicines and tylenol (acetaminophen) could cause overdose of tylenol (acetaminophen) since many cold medicines have tylenol (acetaminophen). Do not take more 4.O gm of tylenol (acetaminophen) in a day.

In brief: Overdose
Dr. Arnon Rubin