I never had acne as a teenager. Why am I now getting acne as an adult?

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology
In brief: Man or Woman? Age?
I believe that acne can be caused by or aggravated by certain foods and medications.
I would have to know your gender; your age, and do you eat nuts and peanut butter? High glycemic index foods? Chocolate? If you are a girl/woman, do you break out before your periods, for example?

In brief: Man or Woman? Age?
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Adult acne
Your skin oil is clogging its ducts, attracting bacteria and leading to acne.
This can be due to medication effects (such as steroids or androgenic meds), rare medical disorders or over sensitivity to the inflammation of the infected oil ducts. See your doctor to be sure you don't have an underlying endocrine problem, and then commence treatment.

In brief: Adult acne
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Jonathan Jassey