I have ADHD i take aderallxr my doctor says dexadrin is a terrible drug with much more side effects and higher addiction rate then aderal is this true?

In brief: Fast release...

...Amphetamines are usually a bad idea - the "rush" they produce is both more dangerous and more habit-forming than the more gradual onset of effect with vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) and xr formulations.

In brief: Fast release...

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Amphetamines

Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is made up of 4 salts of dexedrine.
All forms of amphetamine have addiction properties, there fore they are classified as schedule 2 drugs. These medications require careful monitoring by the prescriber. Review the situation with your prescriber and ask that they review the literature about adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine). If he and you still are concerned about addiction, try another drug.

In brief: Amphetamines

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer