How can I help prevent acne and acne scars?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Acne & Acne Scars
Acne and acne scars cannot be prevented.
The key is to control acne break outs. Controlling break outs, minimizes the tendency to scar. Acne and acne scar control requires a multi-step approach that includes clinical and prescription skin care, oral medications, chemical peels, and laser and light treatments. Care coordination by medical provider with expertise in acne treatment is key.

In brief: Acne & Acne Scars
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Dana Valencia
I explain to my patients, colleagues, and my family of Four. Maintaining adequate hydration are the keys of good skin health.
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: See a dermatologist
Acne is a comp, ex disease that may require treatment over many years.
See a dermatologist specializing in the management of acne disease.

In brief: See a dermatologist
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Moises Perez
Pharmacology
In brief: Prevent acne / scars
Some tips may help in preventing acne by keeping the face clean, using a suitable moisturizer, using makeup sparingly, keeping your hands off your face, stay out of the sun, feeding your skin and exercise daily.
Scars could be prevented by treating your acne as soon as possible, avoiding squeezing your pimples, avoiding the sun, and following up with your dermatologist.

In brief: Prevent acne / scars
Dr. Moises Perez
Dr. Moises Perez