Are there any anti fungal meds sold OTC for thrush? Like nystatin?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Thrush

I know you have another physician's answer. But, my worry is why you are having this symptom and why you have not been to the doctor or dentist to find out why this is happening to you.
I worry that there may be an underlying condition or infection that we need to diagnose.

In brief: Thrush

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Maybe gentian violet

1% gentian violet is a dye that kills bacteria and fungi, sometimes it works as treatment for thrush.
It is available without a prescription. Gentian violet is only for adults. Ask your pharmacist for recommendations. Good luck, but if it is too severe - see a doctor.

In brief: Maybe gentian violet

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Jonathan Jassey