Are ketogenic diets safe & healthy?

Depend. Ketogenic diets are used to lose weight and is basically 1 portion of fat to protein and also used to treat epilepsy. To be safe, anyone on this diet has to drinks a lot of fluids due to the resulting ketoacidosis. Make sure you are physically healthy and see your pcp first before you launch on this diet. Many people swear that it is effective for weight loss especially with people with diabetes.
Yes. The ketogenic diet is a safe and healthy non-pharmacologic alternative for treating seizures. It should be done under the supervision of a dietician who is well versed in ketogenic diets.