On 250/50 advair/albuterol. Third time I've stopped mid-run because of serious shortness if breath, wheezing, and coughing. Change or up medication?

Go see your doctor. Advair 250/50 is different from & does not contain albuterol. Advair is a combination of an inhaled corticosteroid and a long acting beta agonist while albuterol is a short acting one. Advair is used to prevent asthma attacks while albuterol is used to rescue you from one. If you've had 3 attacks despite advair, you need to check w/your doc. Make sure you're using proper technique, too. Spacer?
See below. Advair 250/50 is a steroid and salmeterol, not albuterol and the salmeterol is long acting, not short. If you are experiencing shortness of breath in the mid-part of you runs, try pre-medicating with albuterol prior to you runs. This is short acting and for acute issues. If still not helping, see your physician for med evaluation and possible adjustment.