6yr remission autoimmune hepatitis. Post rai hypothyroidism. Safe for me to go on low calorie diet? My BMI is 37.5!

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Yes with guidance

You need to work with your physician to be sure the safest approach.
Your bmi indicates that you are obese, and i understand your incentive. Your physician will be able to advise you about your restriction and could even send you to a hepatologist.: an expert in liver disease. Your thyroid therapy should be fairly straightforward.

In brief: Yes with guidance

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Sudhir Bansal
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Low calorie diet

Your comprbidity for going on the diet is hypothyroid which should be corrected or maybe u are euthyroid and not needing meds the other is hepatitis in remission low calorie diet actually help by reducing fat in the liver drinking should be minimal to maintain good health.

In brief: Low calorie diet

Dr. Sudhir Bansal
Dr. Sudhir Bansal
Dr. Adam Smith