Bottom wisdom teeth removed. Doc had to make a cut in my cheek to get to tooth. The hole is open and it hurts but the doc says it's ok. What do I do.

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dentistry

In brief: Drain and flush

As long as a drain is established in the area of the extraction, you should be fine.
Make sure after each meal using a curve syringe with water to point to the hole and flush all the food out. Doing so will help tremendously in preventing discomfort. A good stable clot is necessary for the healing to start. An infection due to food impaction in the area will prevent clot formation.

In brief: Drain and flush

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Bui

In brief: Listen to ur doc

And ask your surgeon for a more potent pain med.
Your are under their care... If the surgeon examined the wound and deemed that it is healing well, then additional pain meds should make the situation tolerable.

In brief: Listen to ur doc

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Vicken Poochikian