Am I a bad mother if I don't breastfeed?

Dr. Lisa Roberts
In brief: No
Breast feeding for a variety of reasons may not end up being the best option for you and your baby.
There may be medical or personal reasons why. Fortunately, there are many very good formula options that have been made to provide good nutrition to your baby. What's most important is the emotional bond that you make with your baby and the closeness that you develop during feeding time.

In brief: No
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Salil Gupta
In brief: No
Of course not. It is a personal choice for you and you should not feel guilty if you choose not to breast feed your baby.
If you look at all the reasons why breast milk is better for your baby and you choose not to brestfeed as a personal preference, it is ok. I would suggest you look up the advantages of breast milk and discuss this with your pediatrician too.

In brief: No
Dr. Salil Gupta
Dr. Salil Gupta
Dr. Shontae Buffington