I think I have spinal stenosis. What is the best way for me to get a diagnosis?

Dr. Roger Frankel
Neurosurgery

In brief: See your doctor

Spinal stenosis is made by appropriate history and physical exam. If these warrant it, an MRI or ct myelogram will confirm the diagnosis.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Roger Frankel
Dr. Roger Frankel
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Once you have the diagnosis and if you are in pain, consider acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. It can bring great relief.
Dr. Chaim Colen
Neurosurgery

In brief: CT or MRI

CT or MRI imaging can assist with the diagnosis.
MRI is preferable because the soft tissue structures such as discs and ligaments can be better visualized by the doctor. Surgery is typically a definitive treatment for the symptomatology, although, non-surgical management should be initiated first.

In brief: CT or MRI

Dr. Chaim Colen
Dr. Chaim Colen
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Tx spinal stenosis.

The treatment of spinal stenosis is usually surgical.
Physical therapy and spinal injections may help the pains, but the only thing that would help the actual extra tissue growth within the spinal column would be surgery. The area of involvement would need to be defined by MRI scanning.

In brief: Tx spinal stenosis.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Mri

Talk to primary care about symptomts MRI if indicated.

In brief: Mri

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston