I don't use any make-up but seem to get dry eyelids during parts of the year. Any suggestions?

Dr. Stephen Khachikian
Ophthalmology

In brief: Eczema

This may be eczema aka chronic dermatitis related to allergies or the environment (dry air, pollen etc).
You can try a topical moisturizer to relieve the irritation or may need a mild steroid cream but would not use a steriod around they eye without direct consultation with your doctor.

In brief: Eczema

Dr. Stephen Khachikian
Dr. Stephen Khachikian
Dr. Anita Breckenridge
Ophthalmology

In brief: Dry lids

This is probably eczema of the eyelids.
I recommend & have used myself for years vitamin E oil 1-2x /d. The most effective form is directly released from a vitamin capsule (more potent). It will not damage eyes or cause discomfort.

In brief: Dry lids

This is probably eczema of the eyelids.
Dr. Anita Breckenridge
Dr. Anita Breckenridge
Dr. Donald Morris
Ophthalmology

In brief: How do you know?

Dry eyes are fairly common, but the lid skin is like the skin on the rest of the face, but thinner. What symptoms do you have that make you think the skin is dry? Are you putting any cream, etc on your face? Yo can try a moisturizing cream nightly, but try not to get it in your eyes.

In brief: How do you know?

Dr. Donald Morris
Dr. Donald Morris