What are some of the cons of tooth bleaching?

Dr. Aaron Cregger
Dentistry

In brief: SENSITIVITY

Sensitivity is the #1 downfall to whitening teeth.
I myself cannot whiten my teeth more than once a year or so due to the sharp pains when i breathe in after whitening is done! you can combat this by using desensitizing gel (from dentist) after the use of your trays. Fluoride toothpaste and rinse can also help, before and after whitening. In office whitening is a whole other topic, ask ur dds!

In brief: SENSITIVITY

Dr. Aaron Cregger
Dr. Aaron Cregger
Dr. Kevin Nail
Dentistry

In brief: Tooth bleaching

Really the only cons in my opinion are temporary tooth sensitivity and irritation of the gums.
Tooth sensitivity can be relieved with brushing with sensitivity toothpaste after each time your bleach. Irritation of the gums can be managed but stopping bleaching for a few days to let them healing and rinsing with warm salt water. No studies have shown bleaching to hurt the teeth in the long term

In brief: Tooth bleaching

Dr. Kevin Nail
Dr. Kevin Nail
Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Possible sensitivity

The only major 'con' of bleaching your teeth could be a sensitivity issue.
Fortunately, if sensitivity is present from bleaching your teeth, it is usually transient. The other 'con' may be $, and having to limit your intake of wine, soda, coffee, teas, etc unless you want to bleach them more often.

In brief: Possible sensitivity

Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dr. Kevin Owoc