I had plica removed about 5 months ago and just recently had a new MRI that revealed a superior displacement of the mensical root. What does that mean?

Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
In brief: See below
For info only not for treatment plica are from the patella membrane incompletely resorbed during development and overuse and injury not infrequently need treatment that can include physical therapy including quad stretching exercizes and hamstring stretches and or steroid injections or surgery i am not an orthopedist a displaced root to me sounds like a meniscal tear. Need to discus with ortho.

In brief: See below
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine