Can anyone tell me something about ectopic atrial tachycardia? I had an ablation for avnrt, but still have breakthrough episodes and doc says this.

Ablation. you might be having recurrence of avnrt, another type of arrhythmia but first the episodes should be documented with tests like Holter, event recorder before jumping into conclusions.
Atrial Tachy. Ectopic atrial tachycardia is cause by an abnormal focus in the atrium causing the heart rate to increased. This can certainly be ablated but complexity depends on the location - right vs. Left atrium. Medication may also be tried. Best of luck.
Different focus. Assuming your av nodal re-entrant tract was well and fully ablated, and you're now having a different tachycardia, your cardiologist is suggesting that there is an abnormal spot in the atrium initiating rapid abnormal beats. May need different drugs or another procedure.