My daughter-in law doesn't believe in shots so my grand baby is almost 3 and has never had a shot how serious is this?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Possible risk
She doesn't know it but is relying on herd immunity, low risk to her child due to others being immunized which will prevent the spread of some infectious disease.
Recent outbreaks of whooping cough should give her pause. Most anti-vaccination ideas are based on junk science - for instance the paper connecting vaccination with autism was faked, and withdrawn.

In brief: Possible risk
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Steven Hill
In brief: Lots
A variety of serious and deadly diseases occur in unvaccinated children and adults.
They will also be excluded from school if outbreaks occur. Unfortunately her bad choice can only hurt them.

In brief: Lots
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Cindy Juster