Are the behaviors seen in asd under the individuals control? If not, why and how does therapy work?

Dr. Gary Kilgo
Neurology

In brief: Uncertain

The previous comment was no! i would like to make sure that your question relates to autism spectrum disorder vs acute stress disorder, etc before answering in order to give the best information.
I see both types of disorders in my practice. If it is autism, the answer does depend on where it falls in the spectrum and would require a much more in depth answer.

In brief: Uncertain

Dr. Gary Kilgo
Dr. Gary Kilgo
Dr. Gary Kilgo
Neurology

In brief: Need more info

ASD is an acronym used for several medical problems.
Please specify

In brief: Need more info

Please specify
Dr. Gary Kilgo
Dr. Gary Kilgo
Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice

In brief: No!

ASD is a neurological disorder that creates the symptoms seen.
Therapy works to retrain the brain so it will respond more appropriately and as it should.

In brief: No!

Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Cindy Juster