I just had a miscarriage but the sonogram shows everything is still inside.How long I can wait till I clear up myself naturally before doing surgery?

Dr. Kevin O'neil
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology

In brief: Varies

The standard treatment of a missed miscarriage is a procedure called a dilation and currettage (d&c).
In some instances, medication can also be used and there is also the option of waiting. In a british study of 85 women who chose to wait, only 25% miscarried completely on their own. 43% had an incomplete miscarriage & the rest opted for a d&c. Talk to your doctor about your situation & options.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Kevin O'neil
Dr. Kevin O'neil
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Usually 1-2 weeks

That depends on how far in pregnancy you are.
Usually it is safe to wait up to 2 weeks and to repeat and ultrasound to see how things look. But definitely discuss that with your doctor.

In brief: Usually 1-2 weeks

Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham