Are ofloxacin eye drops safe for my four month old son ? What is this medication used for ? Thank you for your time :)

Dr. Michael Ekizian

In brief: Antibiotic

In the pediatric population, Ofloxacin eye drops are used to treat bacterial keratitis and severe bacterial conjunctivitis involving susceptible organisms.
However, i can't find any evidence for the indication or use of Ofloxacin eye drops in children less than a year of age. Please see a pediatrician, perhaps one who specializes in treatment of ophthalmic (eye) problems.

In brief: Antibiotic

Dr. Michael Ekizian
Dr. Michael Ekizian
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Maybe

This is a potent antibiotic.
I assume you have some on your shelf and are considering treating your child. There are no fda studies for this drug in this age group. If you think your infant has an eye infection, you should schedule a trip to your pediatrician or pediatric ophthalmologist to get a proper diagnosis and optimum therapy. This is better than random selection from your med chest.

In brief: Maybe

This is a potent antibiotic.
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Shontae Buffington