How often will I be awakened and checked by a nurse after my surgery?

In brief: Wake up!
Depends what you had done, where, by who will determine how often you will be seen.

In brief: Wake up!
Dr. Alexander Barkan
Dr. Alexander Barkan
Dr. Rahil Malik
In brief: Depends
It truly depends on what kind of surgery you are getting done, and the intraoperative complications, if any, that will dictate.
However, in most cases, after the surgery you will be taken to a unit where they will monitor your vital signs and if you are stable will send you to a post operative floor. There your vital signs will be monitored every 2-4 hrs initially followed by every 8 hours.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Rahil Malik
Dr. Rahil Malik
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery