Lately i've been having a bright light shoot through my left eye, I lose vision for that split second. What could this be?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: Detached retina
'flashes of light' with vision loss may be a sign of detached or 'detaching' retina which is an emergency.
The retina is located at the back of the eye and is important for normal vision. Detached retina can be painless and progress to vision loss--so it is best to get seen by an ophthomologist right away.

In brief: Detached retina
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: ? Migraine
Your description sounds like an ocular migraine with related photopsias and visual changes.
You should rule out other causes by seeing an eye doctor for a complete exam.

In brief: ? Migraine
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Andrea Brand