Shortness of breath with hypothyroid? Normal?

Not normal. It is not normal obviously -- hypofunctioning thyroid is very damaging to the organ systems in the body -- so you need to get medical attention asap shortness of breath can be caused by heart and/or lung problems and not necessarily your hypothyroid -- again get medical attention now!
Yes. Hypothyroidism can be associated with shortness of breath, primarily through its effects on the heart. The heart rate can slow and the heart tissue can become weak; plus you can even get fluid build-up around the heart (pericardial effusion). But this is not "normal" and not a good sign.