I am having headaches while going through temodar for brain tumor my doctor told me to take tylenol (acetaminophen) is there something else I could ask my doc to help?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: STEP therapy

First, you must rule out brain cancer recurrence then you can take opioid pain meds in a step fashion if acetominophen is not enough.
You can start with lortab, percocet, then increase from there. Your oncologist can manage your pain. You should avoid tramadol due to potential of causing seizures.

In brief: STEP therapy

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Headache&brain ca

While headache could be one of the common adverse event from the temodar, (temozolomide) you need to make sure that you tell your md the severity of the headache.
If you have not had a brain imaging recently, you should probably have one repeated just to make sure that the headache is not due to progression of the cancer. If there is edema of the brain -either from the cancer progression etc-steroid would help.

In brief: Headache&brain ca

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho