My back is messed up from a car accident.Pulled a muscle I get back spasms. I love to work out. What good exercises can I do w/o hurting myself?

Dr. George Valdez
In brief: Stretches
You should see a doctor to make sure there are no underlying injuries, but you can go to our website familyhealth.
Pro, go to links tab, look for videos, and there are some good stretches that may help. Swimming is great if you have access to a heated pool.

In brief: Stretches
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Ronald Herring
Anesthesiology
In brief: Back issues
Try swimming or aquatic exercises at you local YMCA.
The water will help you isolate muscle groups to avoid excessive strain. In general concentrate on maintaining full range of motion versus trying to get cardio benefits or muscle weight gain.

In brief: Back issues
Dr. Ronald Herring
Dr. Ronald Herring
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine