How do I go about finding a developmental pediatrician for my child with some autistic spectrum issues?

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Ask

Ask your pediatrician.
If not check with the nearest children's hospital , their child development unit.

In brief: Ask

Ask your pediatrician.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Depends on location

The two medical specialties with potential expertise are behavioral and developmental pediatrics and child and adolescent psychiatry.
For young children, most interventions are done by psychologists, behavioral specialists, and educators. Physicians tend to be more involved with older children related to behavioral issues. Check the autism society website for local referrals or local parents.

In brief: Depends on location

Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: SDBP.org

One way is to go to the society for developmental/behavioral pediatrics website.
Another is to call your county and state medical associations or the nh board of medical examiners. Since you'll most likely need a referral from your child's pediatrician, ask him/her.Local parent advocacy groups usually know, as do school districts. Child psyciatrists also diagnose and manage children with asd's.

In brief: SDBP.org

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
4 comments
Dr. Johanna Fricke
oops...typo! child psychiatrists.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
oops...typo! child psychiatrists.
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Kennedy Institute

I would call the kennedy-krieger institute in baltimore and ask if they might have a referral source guide for various regions of the country, which they would endorse as being reliable.

In brief: Kennedy Institute

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Speak to your pediat

First stop is ask your pediatrician for a referral

In brief: Speak to your pediat

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer