On the news today was the pink slime in ground meat. Is pink slime bad? Is it just the blood and juices that drip off the cutting tables?

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Probably bad

Pink slime is a phrase that is used to describe food-grade meat trimmings that are used as filler in certain meat products.
I believe this has been happening for years. As far as health is concerned, the more processing our food undergoes the less nutritious it becomes until it is just empty calories. The healthiest food is typically freshly harvested and minimally processed.

In brief: Probably bad

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Adam Smith