Got over a flu-like thing about 2 weeks ago. Now daughter has 102.6. Anything special I should do to avoid getting it again? I'm on gabapentin & cipro (ciprofloxacin)

Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Wash your hands

And her hands too.
The Cipro (ciprofloxacin) would do nothing for influenza, as it is a viral illness. She should be tested for flu, and if positive, started on tamiflu or relenza, as they will help to cut down on her illness and the likelihood that she could transmit it to other people as well. Keep her well hydrated, as that is generally why most people end up hospitalized for an illness.

In brief: Wash your hands

And her hands too.
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Jonathan Jassey