Is a family medical history important? 

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics
In brief: VERY VERY IMPORTANT
Dear bgonzalez, i feel that family history is at least 50% of a patient's evaluation.
I still believe that family genetics is greater than 50%, perhaps 70% of my focus on a patients's potentially preventable disease. If there is breast cancer in the family at an early age-more attention to early diagnostic testing is appropriate. Myriad now has certain tests available. See their website, .

In brief: VERY VERY IMPORTANT
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine
A family history tells us about risk.
Many diseases tend to run in families, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and some cancers. And if you are at higher risk for something, we can work harder to prevent it, or catch it early and treat it more effectively.

A family history tells us about risk.
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Steven Seres