I wake up every morning with some blood in my saliva.I usually brush my teeth before going to bed& I spit some blood while brushing.Is it gum disease.?

Dr. Glenn Kaye
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: It's possible.

It may be gingivitis.
You should have your mouth examined by an ENT or dentist to be sure.

In brief: It's possible.

It may be gingivitis.
Dr. Glenn Kaye
Dr. Glenn Kaye

In brief: A Symptom!

Gums that bleed during proper brushing and flossing is a common symptom of gum disease.
You will need a comprehensive oral exam, including x-rays by a dentist to properly diagnose your gum condition and propose an appropriate treatment plan. I would seek professional help. There are other systemic diseases that can also cause bleeding gums, but they are far more rare and your dentist is stop #1!

In brief: A Symptom!

Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. John Kong
Dentistry

In brief: Probably

Bleeding gums is one of the signs of gum disease.
If the bleeding occurs with normal brushing on a consistent basis and you're waking up with bloody saliva in the mouth every morning, that is not normal. I would seek out a local dentist or periodontist for a consultation.

In brief: Probably

Dr. John Kong
Dr. John Kong
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Oral bleeding

Stop all Aspirin like medicines like Motrin ( ibuprofen) aleve, (naproxen) advil and all anticoagulants.
Go to the dentist to rule out gingivitis. Go to a dr to check your coagulation ( pt/ptt, cbc, liver and &kidney function). Check to see if you are coughing blood or phlegm with blood, or if you have stomach aches go to dr. Soon.

In brief: Oral bleeding

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Jonathan Jassey