What causes recurrent hernias that mesh does not stay in place. Are there any ithers ways to repair hernias instead of mesh?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: Recurrent hernias
The incidence of hernia recurrence is dependent on the size and type of hernia, patient factors such as obesity, and the method of repair. The use of mesh has significantly reduced the rate of recurrence, but it is not perfect.
When a hernia does recur it is not due to the mesh moving as much as persistence of the same factors which caused the hernia, leading to a "blow-out"

In brief: Recurrent hernias
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Paul Williams
In brief: Hernias and mesh
Generally the mesh is "tacked in place" by staples or a suture and should not wander. Are you sure its the mesh moving versus another hernia - around the mesh? I might try a different surgeon.

In brief: Hernias and mesh
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery