Can I trust the results of my tibc, alt(sgpt), ast(sgot) if it states afterwards hemolyzed result may be affected, and what would have caused it?

Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: No

Any hemolyzed sample has sat at the lab or office too long, and the red blood cells have broken apart, releasing their contents.
Any reading from such a sample is suspect, and should be repeated.

In brief: No

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Pathology

In brief: Collection method

Hemolysis affects a number of laboratory test results and makes the final readings unreliable.
Breakdown of red cells usually occurs during collection of blood due to variations in technique. It would be prudent to repeat the tests with a specimen without hemolysis.

In brief: Collection method

Dr. William Forsythe