I've started exercising recently(two months) and i've been trying to reduce my belly(flaps). I wanted to get the perfect "v". Its presently flat. Help?

Dr. Mike Bauerschmidt
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Exercise type

It may be about the type of exercise as much as the fact of exercise.
I have found that pilates is the best for core development as well as sculpting the abdominals. Also consider what you are eating may be inhibiting wt loss. Stick to non processed foods to maximize nutrient density. This includes many so called "health bars".

In brief: Exercise type

Dr. Mike Bauerschmidt
Dr. Mike Bauerschmidt
Dr. Bruce Prager
Sports Medicine

In brief: 6 pack

A 6 pack ab is something i continue to strive for myself.
You basically have to cut down the carbs and fat and take in lots of protein. That along with cardio so that you can burn off the love handles is what is required. To build up your body you need to do 4-5 sets of progressively increasing weights. Work chest and triceps one day, back and biceps another and shoulders and legs third.

In brief: 6 pack

Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine