Why does wine burn my throat? I've had dry mouth, dry tongue and swallowing foods seem a little abnormal now because of the way jaw lets me chew.

Dr. Brian Hoffman
Dentistry
In brief: Xerostomia
Do a bit of research on the term "xerostomia", then go see your dentist and/or ent.
Dry mouth is treatable and does reduce your quality of life in dramatic ways. First things first, drink plenty of water daily and avoid caffeine in any form (coffee, tea, sodas, etc). Do not smoke! wine is also a diuretic and will dry your mouth and body, sorry! if this doesn't work, your dmd will help further.

In brief: Xerostomia
Dr. Brian Hoffman
Dr. Brian Hoffman
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: Dry mouth
Because you have a dry mouth, the lack of saliva reduces the lubrication for swallowing, so it's a little harder to swallow.
Lack of moisture on the throat would be aggravated by the alcohol content in the wine, so that's why it's sore/burns.

In brief: Dry mouth
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dr. Marsha Davis