I think i'm having anxiety issues and I would like to try oxycontin but am allergic to pain killers could that medicine affect me?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Oxy NOT for anxiety
This medication is not indicated/approved for use to treat anxiety.
If you are having anxiety issues needing treatment, please consult your doc for an evaluation. He/she may refer you to a psychiatrist if needed. There many treatments available for anxiety and so don't try Oxycontin for this. It is not safe. Best of luck...

In brief: Oxy NOT for anxiety
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Pain Management
In brief: Perhaps anxiolytics?
Oxycontin is a medication that addresses pain.
If you have anxiety issues, perhaps you need to speak with a psychiatrist. They are the most appropriate mds to speak to regarding the use of anxiolytics.

In brief: Perhaps anxiolytics?
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Dr. Vikram Patel