I swallowed my tounge ball yesterday, and now I feel like it's stuck, its really painful when I eat, drink and swallow; should I get it checked out?

Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Absolutely

See your physician or go to the er to be examined and get the appropriate x-rays.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
Dr. Amit Bhavsar

I don't know how large this ball is that you are speaking of but most likely it will pass through your GI tract but probably a good idea to get evaluated and possibly get a chest x-ray to ensure that it's not lodged in your esophagus, and also get evaluated for any esophageal trauma from any sharp edges it may have.

Dr. Amit Bhavsar
Dr. Amit Bhavsar
Dr. Arnon Rubin