Im pregnant can I take theraflu?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Better options

Theraflu contains a variety of pharmaceuticals like acetominophen, antihistamines, cough suppressants & decongestants that may reduce symptoms but do nothing to actually help you heal.
These can have unpleasant side effects. It also has artificial colors/sweeteners/flavors & preservatives. I would not take it during the first trimester, but most docs feel it is ok later in pregnancy. See my comments.

In brief: Better options

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
I would advise taking natural remedies proven to help you heal more quickly without side effects and possible hazards to your baby. Sambucol is proven to help flu-see http://www.blackelderberry.info/clinical-summary/. Homeopathy is also safe & effective in pregnancy. Oscillococcinum is a homeopathic med proven to reduce symptoms & speed recovery from the flu and is totally safe during pregnancy.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham