My wife had C-section last week, and she says absolutely fine, but her obgyn suggested2 months of total bed rest; is it really required this long rest?

Dr. Vanita Patel
In brief: No
She needs to be up and moving as much as she can if she had an uncomplicated c -section about a week ago.
Very important to prevent the complications from immobilization. Restrictions should be against heavy lifting.

In brief: No
Dr. Vanita Patel
Dr. Vanita Patel
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: NO BED REST!
I did an OB fellowship and did >100 c-sections.
I had the post surgical patient dangle her legs out of bed right after surgery and the patient was ambulating (walking) post operative day 1 & after. Walking helped to promote return to normal bowel function and prevent DVT (blood clot in legs). Best rest is not recommended: it causes de-conditioning (weakness) and delays healing. Double check order.

In brief: NO BED REST!
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Seely is absolutely correct. The very last thing you need is a blood clot forming, breaking loose and creating damage to your lungs, or sudden death.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham