After taking acutane what treatments are available to remove acne scars. I have over 20 on my face and around 100 on my back and chest.?

Dr. Kristina Tansavatdi
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: 3 options

You have 3 options and the option that is chosen really depends on the depth and size of the scars.
Scar revision (or excision, and replacement with a new more cosmetically appealing scar), dermabrasion, or fractional co2 laser skin resurfacing. If dermabrasion or laser resurfacing is used, you should be off Accutane for at least 6 months. I would talk to a facial plastic surgeon in your area.

In brief: 3 options

Dr. Kristina Tansavatdi
Dr. Kristina Tansavatdi
Dr. Barry Resnik
Dermatology

In brief: Acne scar revision

There are many procedures available to improve acne scars.
Their choice is based on classification of your scars: rolling, boxcar, ice-pick, etc. Improvement is the goal, and you will probably need more than one session of multiple therapies to get the best results. There is always something that can be done.

In brief: Acne scar revision

Dr. Barry Resnik
Dr. Barry Resnik
Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: Acne scars

The only good treatment would be dermabrasion.
Accutane is good for cystic acne - but really doesn't help the existing scars. You might be able to try some over the counter facial scrubs to reduce some of the wrinkles but dermabrasion is reallly the only option i can think of.

In brief: Acne scars

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Steven Seres