I am 50 years old and still having my periods. I have gone through the sweat attacks and just wondering at what age does menopause usually happen?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: 50 to 52

The average age for menopause is 50 to 52.
But any time after the age of 40 is considered normal for menopause and some women will be 56 or 58 when they become menopausal. Most women will notice changes in their cycles for as much as 2 to 5 years before becoming menopausal.

In brief: 50 to 52

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Age 51-52

The current average age of menopause is around 51-52 years old, which mean about half having before this age and half having after..
.Many goes into the mid 50s. The hotflashes and the irregular periods constiitute the "perimenopausal" and may continue for several years. The best treatment is hormone, but that is not for everyone. There meds to help your symptoms. Consult your doc... Good luck.

In brief: Age 51-52

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Menopausal stndrome can be quite an ordeal for some women. Combination pills (estrogen + progesterone) may work better for some, as the progesterone component seems to keep things calmer! I wish you all the best. Hang in there. It will end!