I just had a bun test and it came out at 12 is that ok? And my bun/creatinine ratio is 18

Dr. Martin Tamler
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Blood Test

A normal BUN level is 7 to 22.
So yours is normal. A normal bun/creatinine ratio is 10. A value of 18 usually suggests dehydration.

In brief: Blood Test

A normal BUN level is 7 to 22.
Dr. Martin Tamler
Dr. Martin Tamler
Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: BUN of 12

Your BUN of 12 mg/dl is normal as is your creatinine which is around 0.
66 mg/dl, based on your bun/creatinine ratio of 18. Remember, your BUN is a function of your protein intake and your state of hydration. Your creatinine is related to your muscle mass and renal function. You can also ask the physician who ordered the blood work on you for more information.

In brief: BUN of 12

Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Keegan Duchicela