My 3 year old son has a fever of 103 and an extremely rapid heart rate, but no other symptoms. Is the rapid heart rate normal or do I need to go er?

In brief: Normal increase

Thhe effect of fever on a kids system includes an acceleration of the heart rate by about 10 beats/min per degree fahrenheight.
There is also an increase in the breathing rate by 5 breaths/min. If all you have is fever and the natural heard and breathing response, a fever reducer and observation is in order.A regullar office visit later is fine if you decide to.

In brief: Normal increase

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Heart disease

Looking at the drugs listed above and your information i think the safest course is to go to er and let your child be checked.
You have thyroid and other cardiac stimulants along with fever listed.

In brief: Heart disease

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine