Can i lay on my side while recuperating from a spinal tap?

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery

In brief: Sure

Just take it easy and drink plenty of fluids for a few days.

In brief: Sure

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Jefferson Chen
Neurosurgery

When they tell you to lay flat for a couple of hours after a spinal tap, the goal is to prevent a spinal headache.
This occurs because of the new pressure differential between the back and the head. If you keep you head at about the same level of the back, even laying on your side, this should decrease the risk of a spinal headache.

Dr. Jefferson Chen
Dr. Jefferson Chen
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management

In brief: Spinal tap

No recuperation is needed after an uncomplicated spinal tap.
You may be referring to dural puncture headaches, made worse with standing and improved with lying down. To the best of my knowledge, it does not make a difference if you lay flat or on your side.

In brief: Spinal tap

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. Bahman Omrani