Give me a hint. What kind of hassle am I facing if doc suspects intestinal ischemia? What is required to diagnose?

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Could be serious

Intestinal ischemia can present in several ways.
Acute intestinal ischemia is usually an emergency. You seem to be asking about chronic ischemia which can be an elusive diagnosis to clinch. Those with true intestinal ischemia have "fear of food" so extreme that they won't eat, and lose significant weight. Intestinal blood vessels must be imaged for diagnosis: ct, mri, and angiography may be used.

In brief: Could be serious

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Pathology

In brief: A lot

If you intestinal ischemia, that means that your blood vessels are diseased.
If that happens to be the case, it is not only the blood vessels to the intestine but blood vessels everywhere are not in good shape. Radiological examination is one of the ways to diagnose.

In brief: A lot

Dr. Umesh Patel