I have lhermitte's but normal neuro and brain/neck mri. Neuro says its not ms, but symptom intensifies with exercise. Is this ms?

Nonspecific. Would wonder about B-12 deficiency, spinal cord compression, cervical vertebral instability, as other explanations for your problem. Lhermitte's classic in MS, but other conditions can cause.
L'hermitte's . Ms, cervical radiculopathies, brachial plexus problems, chiari malformation, syrinx, can all cause similar complaints. I assume they were also ruled out by neurologist. Muscles that attach to occipital for thoracic origin or scapular origin can cause this symptom with movement. Can it be ms, in short the answer is yes, but, the gold standard test is MRI for ms.
Lhermittes is not MS. Lhermitte's phenomenon can occur for many reasons. Your normal MRI studies and exam should eliminate MS and intervertebral disc disease as the causes. It is not clear what the cause is, but you should feel reassurred, based on these findings.