Foot drop shoes

In brief: Foot Drop Shoes

The only shoe type I have ever found useless for some of my patients with drop foot is some stable heel.
Since it is hard to lift your foot past ankle neutral, the heel makes it easier to move from heel lift to propulsion. For a guy, probably cowboy boots would be the best, or dansko clog type shoes. Dr rich blake.

In brief: Foot Drop Shoes

Dr. Richard Blake
Dr. Richard Blake
Dr. Janet Kail
Podiatry

In brief: Ankle Foot Orthosis

As far as i know there are no specific shoes to help someone with foot drop.
What most patients need when they have this issue is an ankle-foot orthosis that assists in listing the foot...It is also called a dorsiflexory assist afo. Usually these devices are formed to your foot and leg and have velcro straps. You should definitely see a podiatrist, orthopedist, or occupational therapist.B.

In brief: Ankle Foot Orthosis

Dr. Janet Kail
Dr. Janet Kail

In brief: Ankle strap shoe

the patient should get an AFO that hold the ankle and midfoot and keep it in dorsiflexion.
It the patient can not afford this then a tall tennis shoes well tight with a rigid mid arch. A cane is always helpful for balance.

In brief: Ankle strap shoe

Dr. Rolando Melendez
Dr. Rolando Melendez
Dr. Eric Weisman