I'm switching back to dulera (formoterol and mometasone) inhaler will that help with my asthma?

Dr. Michael Sanders
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: See below

What are you switching from? In my experience Dulera isn't even comparable to the other inhalers in the same category.

In brief: See below

Dr. Michael Sanders
Dr. Michael Sanders
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: It may

No medication works on all people and Dulera (formoterol and mometasone) is no exception.
However it is a reasonable medication for asthma.

In brief: It may

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Douglas Berson

In brief: Asthma treatment

Dulera (formoterol and mometasone) is a very effective asthma controller medication but you should not be making the decision which drug to be on by yourself.
Asthma is a complex and potentially dangerous disease that should be treated through direct involvement of a medical team. You should contact your doctor about changing meds for asthma. Also you need to stay away from smoking. Even a little bit can affect your asthma.

In brief: Asthma treatment

Dr. Douglas Berson
Dr. Douglas Berson
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology