I've been prescribed levothyroxine. But it gives me bad anxiety, panic attacks, palpitations. Could my heart be bad? What can I do about anxiety?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Check with your MD

You need to check with your medical doctor or endocrinologist as your palpitations may be related to the therapy, you may be taking more levothyroxine and may need dose adjustment.
That in turn may be giving you panic/anxiety attack you need your tsh, t3&free t4, checked and if dose adjustment or blood test is ok, you may get treated for panic attacks witth ssris and/or tranquilisers.

In brief: Check with your MD

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine