Can I use a specific type of oil for my skin, like avocado oil or jobajoba oil? I have sensitive skin

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Sensitive skin

Yes , you may use oils for your skin.
I find that virgin coconut oil works well.

In brief: Sensitive skin

Yes , you may use oils for your skin.
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Michael Tomeo
Dermatology

In brief: Moisturizers

The best moisturizers are those that have limited ingredients and those deemed hypo-allergenic.
Examples are cetaphil and cerave. The use of natural oils in most cases would be acceptable, but keep in mind that natural oils can cause allergic reactions in some. Also, the use of natural oils may be cosmetically unacceptable.

In brief: Moisturizers

Dr. Michael Tomeo
Dr. Michael Tomeo
Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Try it & see

Only way to tell if you'll react is to try it.
However, beware that many commercial products are also laden w/chemicals eg dyes, perfumes, etc to which you may be sensitive. As the label states, try a small amount in an inconspicuous area before applying to face & body. Your dermatologist's office should also have plenty of hypo-allergenic products for your consideration.

In brief: Try it & see

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin