I need a pediatrician to tell me what to do about neonatal jaundice. Mainly how can it be prevented.?

It can't. Neonatal jaundice is a normal event. It peaks between days three and five and is not always a problem that needs to be treated. That is why we like to see babies within three days after discharge.Putting newborns in the sun does help reduce/prevent it...Put a newborn in a window where the sun comes through and is warm -naked except for a diaper and the sunlight helps "break up the jaundice" (more).
Jaundice. About 75% of newborns become clinically jaundiced. This is called "physiologic jaundice" and is due to high hematocrit levels in an newborn. There is also ABO incompatibility jaundice. It can be treated with phototherapy lights. Below is a good reference. http://www.ecureme.com/emyhealth/pediatrics/physiologic_jaundice.asp.
It"s normal in most! Most jaundice requires no treatment. Unless there is ABO or rh blood group incompatibility most newborn jaundice is called physiological jaundice. There are conditions that can complicate this. Poor feeding any bruising under the scalp and prematurity are some examples.It can be treated with special lights. Ensuring good feeding and monitoring the bilirubin level are important.
Discuss with your dr. Jaundice is nothing to fear. Once you understand it is a normal occurrence and have some information it is easy to treat if it needs treatment. Not every baby with jaundice needs phototherapy. Your doc can also provide more info that will be reassuring and helpful to you.
..More info. You can also have a baby in direct sunlight when it is warm for three to five minutes at a time (do not want them to burn). If formula fed, that also helps reduce jaundice. If breast feeding you have the option of giving a little formula in the first three days as well. It interrupts the cycle. This is not necessary in a breast fed baby..It is just an option! jaundice is nothing to fear.